Thursday, May 26, 2011

Noteworthy Character

There is one verse in the Bible that I wish took up chapters. Actually, I wish it was unpacked into books worth of information. Or even better, I just wish I was a fly on the wall when it happened. (Okay, there are actually tons of verses in the Bible that I wish I got to actually see happen, but this is my one for the day.)

Jesus had just died on the cross and resurrected from the grave. He finds himself walking along the road to Emmaus with 2 guys. They don't even realize that is is Jesus, which is actually a pretty comical account. But Luke 24:27 just blows my mind. Can you imagine this...

"And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he (Jesus) explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself."

Now I have been in some good small groups. I've had great teachers lead me through Scripture. But man, Jesus himself going through ALL the Scriptures and pointing out how ALL of it relates to him. That has to go down as the best Bible study in history!

That verse challenges me to remember that He is found in Scripture. From creation to Joshua to Hosea to Jeremiah...Moses through all the Prophets. It all points to Him. Jesus is THE noteworthy character. We should read our Bibles through that lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment