Monday, September 26, 2011

The Process

I've always been driven by results. The scoreboard didn't matter until the clock hit 0:00. The project wasn't completed until I turned it in. Point A is great. But Point B is what matters. That's what I've always thought...

The last three months have completely rocked my way of thinking about this. I saw DC as the end, and I wanted to get there. That was what mattered. I had no idea how much I would learn in the process. I've been stretched. I've grown. I've been forced to give up control and be dependent on God. I learned what it meant to finish well. I found the importance of honoring those around me.

So, I have started a new chapter in my journey. Along with it will come challenges, successes, failures, adventures, and probably even some frustrations. But I can already say that it is worth it because just the process of getting here caused me to be more like Jesus Christ. And THAT is what really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment