Monday, October 24, 2011

I met my Paul.

"And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others." (2 Timothy 2:2)


Paul. Timothy. Reliable people. Others.
Paul. Timothy. Reliable people. Others.


4 Generations.


I had the incredible privilege of hanging out with my "Paul" this weekend. Dave Buehring was in town to speak to our leaders at National Community Church about creating a culture of honor and leading out of the ways of God. It was such a joy to sit under his teaching at Leadership Summit. 


But my biggest takeaway this weekend came on Friday night when I was having a conversation with Dave and Heather. It was the evidence of 2 Timothy 2:2 right in front of me.


Dave discipled Heather. Heather is discipling me. Paul. Timothy.


I'm so grateful that Dave took the time to invest in Heather. To pass on what the Lord had deposited in him and what he had learned from those who went before him. I'm so grateful that Heather has taken that, captured it, made it her own, and so generously passed that on to me.


Now I am a "reliable person" and I am tasked to pass on what has been deposited in me to "others".


Discipleship has NEVER been more real to me. Dave didn't just make a disciple...he made a disciple-maker. I don't want to just be a disciple. I want to be a disciple-maker. And one day, like Dave, I want to be a Paul... 4 generations removed.


Who's your Paul? Who are you being a Paul to?

1 comment: